Maple Chocolate Mousse
1. Roughly chop the chocolate and place in a bain marie (a bowl on top of a pot of simmering water). Add in the maple syrup, butter and sea salt as well. Stir until completely smooth. Take off the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
2. Place the cream in a cold bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Incorporate the vanilla bean paste. Reserve a tablespoon of the whipped cream for garnish.
3. Spoon 1 quarter of the whipped cream into the chocolate and fold until even. Spoon another quarter into the chocolate, fold and repeat until all of the whipped cream has been incorporated into the chocolate.
4. Spoon or pipe the mousse into 4 small Mibuu glasses, garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and roasted hazelnuts.
Trine Rask for Mibuu
SERVES 4 mini glasses or 2 Mighty Glasses
- 200 ml of dairyfree cream
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of dairyfree butter
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch of sea salt